The 5 Glacier Seaplane Exploration
Approximately 40 minutes of flightseeing adventure.
Includes five Glaciers flowing out of the massive Juneau Icefield.
This Juneau float plane tour includes the most flightseeing time over the most amount of glaciers in Juneau!
5-Glacier Seaplane Exploration
The grandeur of Alaska’s epic glaciers will thrill and delight you on Juneau’s ONLY five glacier seaplane tour. Your adventure begins the moment your floatplane departs the waters of the historic downtown Juneau waterfront. Fly in a classic, 10 passenger, deHavilland Otter floatplane which offers each guest an individual window seat view and headset for continuous narration throughout the flight. En route, you’ll soar over the lush wilderness that is the Tongass National Forest until your first glimpse of five distinctly different and majestic glaciers within the 1,500-square-mile Juneau Icefield. Glide past deep crevasses and azure blue meltwater pools of the Norris, Hole-In-The-Wall, East and West Twin Glaciers, as well as the famous Taku Glacier. With a base of 5 miles wide, the Taku Glacier is the largest out of the entire Juneau Icefield. Seeing glaciers from the air and doing so by authentic bush plane, is a MUST DO and is the quintessential Alaskan experience!
Note: All participants enjoy a window seat for enhanced viewing and a headset for continuous narration. One of the most important modes of transportation in Alaska is the seaplane (also known as floatplane) allowing you to escape into the true Alaskan wilderness within minutes of leaving your ship, hotel or B&B!
The grandeur of Alaska will thrill and delight you beyond expectation on this unforgettable multi-glacier flightseeing tour where everyone enjoys a window seat.
- Explore Juneau icefield’s most stunning glaciers by authentic floatplane.
- View 5 massive glaciers flowing from the Juneau Icefield. (the MOST seen in a flightseeing tour)
- The highlight of this adventure will be the views of the magnificent glaciers, remnants of the Ice Age, making up the spectacular Juneau Icefields’ 1,500 square miles of solid ice.
- Take flight from the heart of the downtown waterfront.
- Travel aboard classic DeHavilland aircraft that have been fully modified with turbine engines, large viewing windows and personal headsets for each guest.
- Full narration throughout the experience to better know the history and geography of the region and ice field.
- Keep a lookout for possible wildlife such as goats, moose, bears and eagles.
- A photographers dream!
- Your excursion concludes with a smooth water landing in the downtown harbor.