What sustainability means to us:
To the owners and employees of Wings Airways & Taku Lodge, Juneau is our home. In fact, Juneau, the Taku River region, the Tongass National Forest and the Juneau Icefield are so much more than destinations we operate- its where we have raised generations, where we recreate, and the special place we choose to share with visitors from around the world via floatplane. Juneau is our home and our future. Because of this, we are determined to keep it pristine and sustainable.
We understand that our industry has impacts. Our commitment is to do everything in our power to minimize any negative impacts on the local environment and the community. Ensuring every employee feels a part of our sustainability mission allows us to share in the responsibility and as an entire organization. We are constantly learning and commit ourselves to growing our sustainability practices.
- Ensure that all employees understand our sustainability policy
- We will share and protect the historical significance of the aviation industry
- We will share and protect the historical significance of the Juneau Icefield
- We will share and protect the historical significance of the Taku Lodge
- We will share and protect the Juneau Icefield
- We will share and protect the Tongass National Forest
In April of 2019, we applied to become a member of Adventure Green Alaska (AGA)